Where are we?

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lima and the Dakar Finish

Today Rick, Jim and Dave (no Incas) celebrated day one of South America by attending the Dakar procession. We watched DePref and Coma ride by. Mostly just shouting Peruvians celebrating what we have heard is the biggest thing that has ever happened in Lima.

Dave got his usual conditioning to watch out for pickpockets. A little guy walked up behind me and I hit him in the nose with my elbow. Felt bad. A few minutes later I turned and saw him right behind me again. Warning. I reached down and felt my camera case and it was unzippered. And the little bastard disappeared into the crowd. Wake up Dave.

Manana we head to port to see if we can get our bikes back. We need prayers from the willing and those with special connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment