Where are we?

Friday, March 9, 2012

An Era Gone Bye

Jim just looked at my photos and went, WOW!!!! We are camped in a monoculture, all planted in rows and we feel threatened by what genetics, forestry, and industry has done to us. God help us. I just continue to marvel at how smart all of the Sahara Club "professionals" must be to know how bad all of this forestry must be. God save San Francisco.

We have seen it all today. We passed an old hacienda that dates from the Spanish days. The workmanship was out of this world, but it has been abandoned. I went back and took photos, because I felt like I was seeing something that doesn't exist.

Imagine the Spanish taking over this country in the 1500s and everything seems to work. But in the 1700s the locals rebel and kill everyone. Well, not everyone, but a lot of people. I manage to keep my hacienda, my cattle and my loyal servants. Times are tough, and I don't mind saying so.

Now I have my cattle, but I can't take care of the roof. What the hell, everything is not perfect. Let's preserve half of the house.

Now we are camped on the coast. It is a perfect radiata pine experience. All of the trees in a row. Now look at what this produces. It scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment